Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rylan's first cooking experience!

Today I was cooking dinner and Ry woke up from his nap in a horrible mood. He cried because he wanted to help me cook. All I had left to do was stir and reduce the sauce which was boiling away on the stove, so obviously he couldn't help with that. I had just finished making mashed potatoes and noticed that the sour cream was expiring soon. So I thought, what can I have Ry make with this sour cream? Answer: tater tot casserole.

I got the recipe from my friend Jen

Ingredients:

2LBS of Ore-Ida Tater Tots
1 Can Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Chicken soup(include one can of water)
8oz. Sour Cream
8oz. Shredded Cheese
1/2 C of melted butter
1 medium Onion (optional)
Sun Chips (original flavor)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine Soup, Sour Cream, Cheese, Onion and Melted Butter. Mix Well!
3.Spread Tots in one layer in a Lasagna Pan
4. Pour Mixtures over Tots. Try to spread as evenly as possible.
5. Bake for one hour
6. ENJOY!!!

I measured out the ingredients and had Ry dump them in a bowl and mix them up. After that I poured it into a pan and had him put the tater tots in one by one. (I dont pour the mix over the tots like the recipe says because it gets mushy) When all the tots were in I took snack sized sunchips and told him to crush them in the bag. This wasnt the greatest idea... He took the bag and squeezed it so it popped and sunchips flew all over the place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment