Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mommy's Day Off

Today was Colton's second trial run at his auntie's daycare. (Hes much more of a mommas boy than Ry was so he needs a little transition time.) So I was baby free until around 3 when I'd pick the boys up a little earlier than if Rex were to pick them up. I made plans for a nice massage at Watercourse Way in Palo Alto.

Colton decided to wake me up a little early before he had to go on his way at 5am. When Rex was ready to take the boys at 7 I got up and tried to nurse him one more time and then got him into his carseat and sent them on their way. I should have just gone back to bed and enjoyed my time sleeping in, but I was too tired to pump last night so I needed to just pump, afterwards I would go to bed... right? I pumped and the washer was beeping for some odd reason. When I was done pumping I tried to hit "cancel" on the washer to make it stop beeping. That didn't work so decided to just run it and make it stop. I didn't want to do a load of laundry so I ran it with a "washing machine cleaner" and went to watch TV. Before I sat down I saw that I still had my pumping bottles that needed cleaning. I threw them in the dishwasher and loaded the rest of the dishes so I could run that and have my bottles cleaned for ny next pumping. I noticed that I had a load of laundry that needed folding, so I folded that.

After my cleaning cycle ran I heard a few more beeps and thought "oh crap its still not fixed" I got up to actually unplug the washer because there was no way that I was going to listen to that all morning. Turns out it was just the end of cycle alarm. While I was in there I decided to run some of my laundry because I  wanted to run something before I next ran a cycle of baby clothes in case not all of the cleanser got washed out of the system. Once I started that load I decided to gather up all my laundry, then it went on for me to gather all the towels, then I gathered all the boys' laundry... My relaxing morning sans baby was quickly turning into laundry day part two.

My mom called me asking for help delivering flyers to her "farm" so I get up from watching TV and take a quick shower before I headed over. As I was getting ready to go I couldn't find my diaper bag/purse (yeah I'm THAT mom who stopped using purse and uses a diaper bag instead) I realized that Rex must have had it in his truck because we were out to dinner for Crystals birthday the night before and he packed up the kids and all our stuff and put it in the trunk and I didnt realize it. I called my mom apologizing saying I couldn't go help her until after my massage. I folded laundry and pumped before Crystal picked me up for our massage.

We were slightly late to our massages but it was ahhhh-mazing. I need to go back again to fully compare it to my other favorite spas. We didn't get the full spa experience because they didn't have any tubs available to have a soak. (already Burke Williams gets a better rating because even with just a massage you get to use their hot tub for free... but this is a shared tub and Watercourse Way has private tubs)

After the massage I got home around 2, which left me an entire hour before I left to get the boys. You'd think I'd sit down and relax a little bit right? I SHOULD have, instead I unloaded the dishes, loaded some more dishes and did some more puttering around the house. By the time I got home with the boys at 4 it was time to start dinner and Rex got home soon after and asked me "how was Momma's day off?" A momma's work is never done...

No comments:

Post a Comment