Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Almost the worst day of my life

Colton has been sleeping in his crib in Ry's room and woke up at 2 and 4 am. I brought him into my room at 4 since I thought he was waking Ry up too much. In the morning Colton woke me up at 8:45 and this was slightly odd because Ry has been waking me up at 8 on Monday mornings. I figured Ry was tired for all the middle of the night wakings, so I fed Colton. When Colton was done eating (9:00 by now) I thought I'd get a jump on the day before Ry got up. I went to his room to check on him but he wasn't in his bed. I thought "oh maybe Rex thought it was Tuesday and brought Ry to daycare..." I called Rex and asked him "did you take Ry to daycare today?" he said "no why would I do that?" A wave of panic came over me and I told Rex that Ry wasn't in his bed, I hung up the phone and ran to the living room to see if he was watching TV, then I ran to Ry's bedroom again and checked behind his bed, in Colton's crib, then in the bathroom I checked the bathtub, I checked to see if he had actually crawled in bed with me and was lying on Rex's side and maybe i didnt notice, I ran through the dining room kitchen and laundry room. NO RY-RY. I flung the back door open and screamed his name, I didn't see him in the yard at all and I was about to run back into the house to call 911 when Ry stood up at my feet. I fell to my knees (almost dropping poor Colton) and grabbed Ry and cried. We both cried and I called Rex saying that I found him.

All day I couldn't help but think about what would have happened if he went out the front door instead of the back, he could have wandered to the street gotten kidnapped or lost. I get all weepy thinking about it. And he must have been so scared. I can't even imagine what he thought when he was locked out and no one came to get him.

I asked Ry why he went outside by himself and he said "moeowzie bit me!" Rex left the house that morning at 7:30 and let meowzer in, when I woke up at 845 meowzer wasn't in the house. So we figure that Ry got up between 730 and 830 and meowzer was in his room (which he doesnt like) he must have then gotten into a fight and chased Meowzer out of the house and gotten himself locked out in the process (our doors can be opened from the inside but lock behind you when you go outside) He also said he was finding Daddy so he might have been looking for Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment