Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gorgeous Spring day

Today was so beautiful, there was no way we were going to stay inside while Daddy went on a motorcycle ride. Once Bubbs finished his breakfast I got the boys dressed and ready to go. I slathered Bubbs full of sunblock, got his shoes on and gave him his sunglasses. He asked me "we going to Disneyland?" I laughed but the question broke my heart. I told him "no we aren't going to Disneyland" he didn't seem too disappointed but asked "Disneyland closed?" I explained to him that no Disneyland was not closed, but it was very far away and we couldn't go there today. I'm sure he probably didn't understand but he accepted my answer. We haven't been to Disneyland since Mother's day last year, and we probably won't go again until after summer is over. My poor deprived children LOL.

Today we had my in laws over for dinner and I made sliders. This is one of my favorite dinners to entertain with (although only the second time I've done it) We had pulled pork, turkey and regular beef sliders with all the fixings. Sauteed onions, tiny tomatoes, lettuce, bacon, avocado... Potato salad and regular salad. It was a hit with everyone and we still have some leftover pulled pork for lunch tomorrow.

The best part of any meal is dessert of course. On our walk this afternoon we stopped at the ice cream shop (Queen Bee Ice Cream). They share their space with an angel food cake bakery (Angel Heart Cakes Bakery).  Bubbs got a rainbow sherbet and I got a lavender ice cream. Both were delicious (in the past I had ginger ice cream and that was amazing) The lavender didn't really taste like lavender, but it was still good. While we were there I got an angel food cake with strawberries baked in. I never really liked angel food cake as a kid. The kind my mom got was from the grocery store and they made my teeth feel funny. I didn't have high hopes for this cake but wanted to try them out since they looked interesting. OMG this cake was so delicious. I've had three slices tonight. Thank goodness my mother in law and her husband left before dessert so there were plenty of leftovers. :) The cake was moist and the top was crispy and chewy and utterly YUM. I'm so sad that I'll have to wait two days before I can get another one. They're closed Sunday and Monday. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to tough it out. They even have cupcakes made with angel food... just covered in buttercream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment