Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

On Mother's Day I still feel like its more about seeing family and my mother, MIL and grandmothers. I dont know it just doesnt feel like it should be about ME. So I said that on Saturday I wanted that to be my mothers day. It didnt really end up being that way but Rex took me to buy plants for my herb garden. We still havent planted them and hopefully they don't die before we do. Thats what happens a lot of the time. We buy plants and then forget to plant them forever and they die.

Mother's day was still great, we went to lunch with my grandma, she lives about an hour away so its a long haul to bring the kids that far for an hour lunch. Ry was awesome though and behaved and ate his lunch like a good boy. Cole slept the whole time and we had a very calm lunch. After lunch we went straight home to feed and change Colton, get the beans for the potluck and then were straight out again for dinner at Rex's grandmas. Ry slept a little on the car ride there but not much and he didnt nap much before lunch on the way there either. He was definitely due for a nap. He was a total monster at Rex's grandmas, running around with all his cousins and being wild. In fairness to him THEY were wild too and that added to his wildness. I just wanted Rex to watch him and keep him out of trouble but he said that it wasnt fair to Ry to make him stay downstairs when the other kids were downstairs. I was holding Colton so i didnt feel like chasing him down and it's not MY grandmas house, so I didnt want to run all over the place like I owned it.

Rex and the boys gave me a gift card to a spa that i've wanted to try. My mom gave me a photo album (she also gave me the same one for christmas lol) and Rexs mom gave me 4 Kara's cupcakes... Fleur de sel, raspberry dazzle, strawberry something or other and s'mores. They're all SO yummy. I shared the strawberry and s'more with rex, the other two are still waiting for me to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment