Friday, June 24, 2011

Potty training

We've been trying to potty train Ry for a while now, but we're not pushing too hard. Its just so hard for me with C being attached to me all the time. Although C is getting much more independent and wouldn't mind hanging out on the floor by himself for 5 minutes every half hour when Ry has to pee.

Last night I was reading to Ry and he picked out one called the Big Book of Words, or something like that.  It was a book that he used to look at pictures when he was a baby. One page had a bunch of different foods and on that page was a big old pile of candy. Ry said "I want a big jelly bean!!" I said "you can have two when you poopoo in the potty" he continued to look through the book pointing out various animals and inanimate objects. After he finished the book he said "I go poopoo in potty!" I was skeptical at first, wondering if he was just trying to get out of bedtime, but I figured, hey why not, and put him on the potty. I left him for a minute to give him privacy (with the door open and me listening in the hallway) and I heard a PLOP! He pooped in the potty!!! He was thrilled with himself and even more thrilled that he was getting jelly beans.

Tonight after his bath, Ry told me he wanted to poopoo in the potty, so I let him sit there again while I was getting Colton dressed for bed. The bathroom door was open so I coul hear;
"arrrrrrghhhhh, come on, come on poopoo!" I went to check on him after a few seconds of silence
"did you go?"
"no I dont have to go poopoo"
"ok lets go get ready for bed"
"I get two jelly beans?"
"no, jelly beans are for when you go poopoo"
"But I TRIED!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment